We can walk you through everything you need to know about statutes of limitation, what injuries are eligible for benefits, claim requirements, and more. From reporting the incident to getting the compensation you’re entitled to, we’ll be there to help with every step.
Common Workplace Injuries
Accidents at work happen all the time, and under a wide range of circumstances. Without a workers’ compensation attorney in Tinley Park assisting you, it can be difficult to tell if your injury is eligible for benefits, but a good place to start is to learn about some of the most common workplace injuries and compare them to your situation.
Once you know more about the variety of injuries that can take place at work, you’ll have a better idea of how to move forward with your potential claim. Plus, you may think that your injury won’t qualify for benefits, when in actuality, it will. These are some of the most frequently occurring workplace injuries:
- Slip and fall: Injuries from slipping on slippery floors, uneven floors, or uncleared walkways (such as on ice and snow during winter time).
- Fall to a lower level: Injuries caused by falling down stairs, or off a roof or ladder.
- Caught in/compressed by: Injuries typically associated with industrial settings, and often involving heavy machinery.
- Workplace assault: When one or more workers is assaulted while on the job.
- Traffic accidents: Injuries sustained while using a company vehicle or traveling in a company vehicle.
- Overexertion: Injuries caused by pushing, holding, carrying, pulling, throwing, or lifting. These are generally considered to be the most common workplace injury.
- Struck by object: When a workplace object such as a door, window, wall or other object injures a worker.
- Repetitive motion: Injuries caused by repetitive work. These injuries can include muscle strain or carpal tunnel.
What You Need to Know About Filing a Claim with a Tinley Park Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Hiring a Tinley Park workers’ compensation attorney can be of great benefit when you’re ready to file your claim. They’ll be able to inform you of all the things you will need to know, such as the statute of limitations for your claim, what type of documents you’ll be required to present (including medical records and incident reports), and what sort of compensation you should be fighting for (such as lost wages, medical reimbursement, or permanent injury).
Should you have any questions or concerns throughout the process, a Tinley Park workers’ compensation lawyer will be able to help.
The Process of Filing a Claim
Filing a work injury claim can be complicated, but hiring a workers’ compensation lawyer is very helpful.
First you will need to notify your employer of the injury. Ideally, this should be done as soon as it happens, but you typically have a period of seven days to do so. If you seek medical care, you need to notify the doctors that the injury is work-related, as you may be required to seek treatment from specific medical professionals or certain facilities.
Next, the insurance provider will open a claim for benefits based on reports from the employer or doctor. If they find the claim to be compensable, they will contact the injured party as well as the employer to determine the rate of pay the injured person will receive while they are out of work.
If for some reason the claim is denied, the injured person will have the option to dispute that.
About Vasilatos Injury Law Tinley Park Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Vasilatos Injury Law is proud to serve Tinley Park clients, as well as residents all over the Chicago Metropolitan area and the whole state of Illinois. We are dedicated to providing you with the legal help you need to get the compensation you deserve.
Our concentration areas are workers’ compensation, personal injury, and Social Security disability, and we’re glad to provide home, hospital, and phone consultations to accommodate all of our potential clients. We also offer flexible scheduling, and we’re easily accessible via public transportation, but if you cant make it to us, we’ll come to you.
When you need reliable workers’ compensation assistance in the 60477 area, we’re ready to help. We will provide you with the assistance and guidance you need to get back to your life as soon as possible.