About Ellina Khotimlyansky:
Ellina is an associate with Vasilatos Injury Law. Her practice is focused on representing injured clients in many forums, including the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, bench and jury trials in the Circuit Courts, and at arbitrations and mediations.
Ellina’s focus on advocacy on behalf of her clients began in her second year of law school, when she successfully petitioned a Federal Immigration Judge for a discretionary grant of political asylum for a woman who had been raped by a prison guard. Since then, she has successfully arbitrated and tried numerous cases to verdict.
Prior to joining Vasilatos Law, she also litigated cases on behalf of employers at the Commission, and represented defendants against personal injury and property damage claims. This has given her invaluable insight into the opposing side’s claims practices and litigation strategies, resulting in the best preparation on behalf of her clients.
Areas Of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
- Illinois, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1996
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, J.D. – 1996 (Trial Advocacy Team 1994-96)
- University of Illinois at Chicago, B.A., Political Science and Communications – 1993 (Graduated with Honors and Distinction in both courses of study, Phi Beta Kappa)
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association