Let us Help You with Your Workers’ Compensation Case in Frankfort
When you get hurt at work, it’s important to seek medical treatment and notify your employer as soon as you can. Beyond that, though, you’ll want to consider hiring a workers’ compensation firm to represent you and help you get the benefits you are eligible for. Following a work injury, there are a number of things that you’ll need to do, and the process can be confusing and overwhelming—hiring a work injury lawyer can help you deal with the intricacies of the claim and help you fight for the compensation that can help you get back on your feet.
We’ll help you collect the forms and paperwork you need, seek the proper amount and type of compensation, and be an advocate for your needs. At Vasilatos Injury Law, we’re committed to helping our clients get what they deserve after they are injured at work.
Common Workplace Injuries
If you get hurt at work, you may be concerned about whether or not your injury qualifies for workers’ compensation. Learning about some of the most common workplace injuries can help, though, since then you can compare your situation.
Many injuries may not seem like they will be eligible for compensation, when in reality, they are. These are some of the most frequent workplace injuries that occur:
- Slip and fall: These injuries can be caused by wet or slippery floors, uneven floor surfaces, and uncleared sidewalks/walkways during winter months. The injuries can cause lasting damage, so it is essential to seek medical attention.
- Caught in/compressed by: Injuries typically occurring in industrial settings, involving employees who work with heavy machinery.
- Traffic accidents: Injuries sustained while driving company vehicles or while involved in an automotive accident while on the clock.
- Workplace assaults: These can be between coworkers or between a worker and a patron.
- Repetitive motion: Injuries that are caused by constant repetition of the same movement, such as typing, that includes carpal tunnel syndrome and muscle strain, which can cause injury.
- Struck by object: Caused by objects that are falling or objects dropped by another person.
- Fall to lower level: Falls from roofs or off ladders, or down staircases.
- Overexertion: Overexertion injuries are considered to be the most common workplace injury, and involve actions such as pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, throwing, and holding.
What You Should Know About Workers’ Compensation Claims
Filing a workers’ compensation claim will often require you to have a variety of information and forms on hand, such as medical bills, incident reports, and more. You will also need to find out what the statute of limitations is for your particular injury, as well as how much time you have to file the claim with your employer or insurance.
Finally, you’ll want to know what type of compensation to fight for, be it lost wages, medical bill reimbursement, compensation for a permanent injury/disability, or something else. If you’re unsure of any of this information, don’t worry: A Frankfort work injury lawyer will be able to answer any questions you may have and explain the entire process.
The Process for Filing Your Case
The very first thing you will have to do when you file a claim is notify your employer of the incident. Typically, employers require incidents to be reported no more than seven days after they happen. If you seek medical care, be sure to inform physicians and insurance carriers that the injury is work-related, as your employer may have designated facilities or physicians that you are required to see.
After insurance carriers receive reports from the employer and the doctor, they will open a claim for benefits. If the claim is found to be compensable, the insurance provider will work with lawyers, employers, and the injured person to determine both the rate of pay to be paid to the injured person while they are out of work, as well as the amount of any other benefits to be awarded.
If, for whatever reason, the claim is rejected, the injured party and their attorney will have the opportunity to appeal the decision.
About Vasilatos Injury Law
Vasilatos Injury Law is a law firm concentrating in workers’ compensation, personal injury, and Social Security disability cases. We are proud to serve residents in the Chicago Metropolitan area, as well as in Frankfort and across Illinois. We are easily accessible via public transportation, but if you can’t make it to us, we will come to you—we provide home, hospital, and phone consultations, and have flexible scheduling to best serve our clients.
Contact Us Today for Your Free Work Injury Consultation
When you need help with a work injury in the 60423 area, you can rely on us to provide you with the guidance and assistance you deserve. We work hard to get the compensation our clients are entitled to. For a free consultation, contact us today.