The Different Types of Work-Related Foot Injuries
Foot injuries are among the many common types of injuries involved in workers’ compensation claims. These injuries can result from either a one-time accident or developed over time due to repeated stress or other causes. The foot comprises multiple joints, muscles, and tendons, all of which are vulnerable to injury, particularly when used in environments where they can become trapped or sustain crushes.
Some common types of foot injuries include:
- Crushes and broken feet along with amputation of toes or feet resulting from moving vehicles, falling objects, conveyor belts, or trapped feet caught between objects or in cracks.
- Punctures in the sole of the foot caused by sharp metal, loose nails, or glass
- Burns from molten metal, chemicals, fire, explosions, or electricity
- Electric shocks from either static electricity or contact with electrical equipment
- Cuts or severed toes or feet resulting from rotary mowers, chainsaws, unguarded machinery, or other sharp blades
- Twisted or sprained ankles, or bone fractures resulting from slips and falls on slippery flooring, walkways, or due to insufficient safety footwear or poor lighting
Many types of foot injuries will require treatment through minimally invasive measures at first, which can include rest, medication, and physical therapy, among others. However, foot surgery may be required if these treatments don’t work, resulting in more recovery time along with more expenses.
How Workers’ Compensation for Foot Injuries Can Help
If you sustain a foot injury or other type of injury as a result of workplace accidents, you may be able to receive benefits to help you get the treatment you need for a complete recovery. Workers’ compensation can help pay for a variety of bills pertaining to your injury, including:
- Doctor visits
- Hospital stays
- Transportation to and from doctors’ appointments
- Medical equipment
See the Benefits of Working with Dedicated Workers’ Comp Attorneys for Foot Injuries and More
When you work with the experienced legal team at Vasilatos, we will help you file your workers’ comp claim, provide representation in any negotiations, and stand with you in court, if necessary. Our attorneys understand the importance of working on every aspect of your life that your foot injury has impacted, helping you get back to where you were before the injury took place.
We’ll determine how the injury has affected your job, health, and finances, and work with you to seek the benefits you need and deserve. We’ll work with you to make sure you get a fair settlement that helps cover all medical expenses along with lost wages following a lack of work resulting from a foot injury, regardless of the injury’s severity.
Our attorneys have collectively worked on hundreds of workers’ compensation cases over the years, including accidents causing foot injuries and many others. Regardless of the type of injury you’ve sustained, we can help determine the type of compensation you are eligible to receive.