A Helpful Work Injury Law Firm Serving Posen
When you’re injured at work, sorting through the medical bills, insurance paperwork, and other complexities in order to get the compensation you deserve can be overwhelming, especially if you’re trying to do so at the same time you’re trying to recover.
Thankfully, the helpful professionals at Vasilatos Injury Law can assist you. We’re experienced work injury attorneys, and no matter what your injury, it’s essential to work quickly to ensure you are eligible for compensation.
Following a workplace injury, the incident must be reported within 45 days—but ideally, you should do so as soon as possible.
Hiring legal representation can make navigating a claim much easier, and can mean the difference between receiving compensation and not being eligible for it, so it’s to your benefit to consult with a workers’ compensation law firm in Posen regarding your claim as soon as possible.
Types of Common Workplace Injuries
Workplace injuries can happen very fast, and it can be hard to know whether your situation will be eligible for a workers’ compensation claim. One way to find out before you get legal representation involved is to learn about some of the most common workplace injuries and compare you situation.
Many times, people think their injury won’t be eligible for workers’ compensation, when in reality, it will be. Learning more about the common injuries is the first step.
Some of the most commonly occurring workplace injuries include:
- Slip and fall: Injuries from slipping on wet or slippery floors, falling on uneven floor surfaces, or slipping and falling on uncleared walkways during winter.
- Workplace assault: When one or more workers are assaulted while at work.
- Traffic incidents: Crashes and other injury-causing accidents while in company vehicles.
- Caught in/compressed by: Injuries caused by heavy machinery, often taking place in factories.
- Fall to a lower level: Falling off a roof, off a ladder, down stairs, etc.
- Struck by an object: Injuries caused by objects dropped by another person or falling objects.
- Struck against an object: Injuries caused by hitting a door, wall, window, etc.
- Overexertion: Perhaps the most common injury, these consist of injuries related to pushing, pulling, holding, throwing, carrying, or lifting.
- Repetitive motion: These injuries are caused by performing the same action over and over. Injuries can include carpal tunnel syndrome and back injury from muscle and tendon damage.
What You Need to Know About Workers’ Compensation Cases
When you’re filing a work injury claim, a workers’ compensation attorney can be of great help, but it’s also important that you be aware of certain things. For example, you’ll want to know what the statute of limitations is for seeking compensation.
You’ll also need to know what paperwork to hold onto, such as medical bills and incident reports, and you’ll want to know what type of payment to seek. There are a few types of compensation in these situations—permanent injury, lost wages, medical reimbursement, and more. For clarification on any of these details, a work injury lawyer can help a great deal.
The Filing Process for Claims
Filing a claim can be a complicated process, which is why it’s beneficial to hire legal representation for help sorting through everything.
The first step in this process is notifying your employer. This should be done within seven days of the injury occurring. If you seek medical treatment, be sure to inform staff that you have a work-related injury, as your employer may require you to see specific physicians or visit certain facilities.
Next, the insurance carrier will open a claim for benefits once they receive reports from the employer or doctors. If the claim is compensable, they will contact the injured person and the employer to determine what the rate of pay will be for the person while they are out of work. If the claim is rejected, the worker who is injured will then have the opportunity to file for an appeal of that decision.
About Vasilatos Injury Law
Vasilatos Injury Law serves Posen, as well as the Chicago Metropolitan area and residents all over Illinois who need reliable legal representation. We’re committed to providing professional, helpful guidance for workers’ compensation cases and more—our concentrations also include social security disability and personal injury cases.
We provide home, hospital, and phone consultations, and we’re easily accessible by public transportation, but if you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you.
When you need help with a work injury in the 60469 area, you can trust the experienced workers’ compensation attorneys at Vasilatos Injury Law to provide you with the assistance necessary for seeking compensation. Contact us anytime.