A Trustworthy Workers’ Compensation Law Firm Serving Olympia Fields
When you get injured at work, the last thing you probably want to do is worry about paperwork, insurance carriers, and how to recoup your expenses for medical care and lost wages. However, doing these things is important, and it’s in your hands if you want to fight for the compensation you may be entitled to. Thankfully, workers’ compensation attorneys can help.
At Vasilatos Injury Law, we’re committed to providing our Olympia Fields clients with the representation they need to fight for the compensation and benefits they deserve. We’ll help you understand the complexities of your case, and we work hard to ensure our clients are knowledgeable about workers’ compensation claim requirements, statutes of limitation, and other aspects of work injury processes.
Types of Workplace Injuries
Workplace injuries can happen at anytime, in a variety of different ways. If you’re unsure if your injury is eligible for a workers’ compensation claim, it can help to learn about the different types of common workplace injuries as a starting point. Once you have a familiar knowledge of how many people get hurt at work, you’ll have a better idea of how to proceed with your case.
Many injuries can seem like they won’t count as workers’ compensation injuries, when in reality, they may. These are some of the most common injuries that happen at work:
- Overexertion: This refers to injuries related to pushing, pulling, lifting, throwing, carrying, or holding. Overexertion is one of the most common workplace injuries.
- Slip and fall: Whether slips are caused by floors that are wet or slippery, sidewalks that are uncleared from snow or ice, or from uneven flooring, slipping and falling can cause a great deal of damage.
- Caught in/compressed by: This is a common injury in factories and more industrial workplaces and involves when a person is working with heavy machinery.
- Traffic accidents: On-the-clock automotive accidents when utilizing a company vehicle can be considered for workplace injury benefits.
- Workplace assaults: Assaults and attacks between coworkers or from unruly/disgruntled patrons.
- Repetitive motion: These workplace injuries are less obvious but can be just as damaging—they can be caused by typing and other repetitive motions, and can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome or muscle strain leading to injury.
- Struck by object: These injuries happen when a worker is hit by a falling object or an object dropped by another person.
- Fall to lower level: Injuries from falling down stairs, off of a ladder, or off roofs.
Important Things to Know About Workers’ Compensation Cases
Fighting for compensation after being injured at work can be a hectic time, but thankfully, an Olympia Fields work injury lawyer can help you sort through the details. They’ll be able to answer any questions and concerns you have, and they’ll tell you what you need to collect for your claim, including medical bills, incident reports, and more.
A workers’ compensation law firm will also ensure that the right type of compensation is being sought out, whether that is compensation for permanent injury/disability, lost wages, medical bill reimbursement, or something else. If you’re not sure of what you need, don’t worry: a work injury lawyer’s job is to help.
Filing a Claim: The Process
When you’re ready to file a claim, let a workers’ compensation firm do the complex work for you. They’ll ensure everything is filed properly.
First, you’ll need to report the incident to your employer. The injury should be reported as soon as it happens, but if medical attention is more immediately required, the incident can be reported within seven days. When you seek medical care, make sure to alert any providers that the injury is work-related, because you may need to visit company-designated medical facilities or physicians.
Insurance carriers will then open a claim for benefits when they receive reports from the employer, doctor, or both. If the claim is deemed compensable, the carrier will contact you, the injured party, as well as your employer, to determine the rate of compensation that should be paid out while you are out of work or what will be offered for other benefits. If for some reason the claim is denied, the injured worker can apply for a hearing to dispute the ruling. Throughout this entire process, however, the work injury attorney will assist.
About Vasilatos Injury Law
Vasilatos Injury Law is proud to serve the Metropolitan Chicago area, including Olympia Fields, as well as the rest of Illinois. Our areas of concentration are workers’ compensation, personal injury, and Social Security disability, and we are committed to helping all of our clients in the 60461 area receive the compensation they are entitled to. We provide home, hospital, and phone consultations, and we are easily accessible by public transportation—although if you can’t make it to us, we’ll come to you.
Call Today for a Free Consultation for Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
We are a dedicated firm, prepared to answer any questions you may have about your work injury claim. When you need quality legal representation, you can count on Vasilatos Injury Law. For a free consultation, contact us today.